Nothing will bring more beauty and character to your property than beautiful trees. However, there are times that these large, beautiful additions need to be removed. There are a number of reasons your trees could require removal, and it’s important to know what to look for so you know if yours is in need of removal. Milam’s Tree Service is here to share some signs that are present when your tree requires removal.
When to Cut Down a Tree on Your Property
Knowing what to look for when it comes to your trees is the number one way that you can keep your property safe from a dangerous tree. Here is what you should be looking for on your trees.
– Tree Bark Scratch Test: If you are concerned for your tree, you should scratch the bark off of a couple different branches on your tree. If the wood beneath the bark is dark brown and dry, your tree could be in trouble.
– Mushrooms Growing at Base of Tree: If you find that there are mushrooms growing at the base of your tree, it could mean that you have a decay-producing fungi problem.
– Tree Trunk Cracks: When you have chipped, peeling or large cracks in your bark, it is a sign of a problem.
– Tree Cavities & Holes: You shouldn’t have cavities in the trunk of your tree or large scaffold branches.
– Dead Tree Branches: Every now and then you may see dead branches on your trees, but you shouldn’t see a large amount of dead or hanging branches in the top crown of your trees.
– Bud-less Twigs: Anytime you have fine twigs without any buds on them, it is a sign of a problem.
Dead Trees Can Be Dangerous!
When you have a dead or dying tree on your property, you may not even realize it. A tree that is in trouble doesn’t always look like it’s in trouble. If your tree has been diagnosed as a dying tree, it poses a real safety risk for you and those close to you. When a tree is dead or dying it is much weaker than it was when it was thriving. This means there is a far greater risk of it falling and causing large amounts of damage to anything in its wake. The biggest threat comes if there is any sort of storm or severe weather that you may experience. It is important that you take the necessary steps before any storm hits.
Tree Inspection & Removal Services & More in McDonough, Jackson, Jonesboro, Fayetteville, Hampton, Sunny Side GA | Fayette, Clayton & Henry Counties, Georgia
Removing a tree is no small task. If you don’t have the experience or the equipment to do it properly, you could put yourself and those you love at risk of injury should something go wrong. The experts at Milam’s Tree Service are here to offer our tree removal services when needed. We will fully inspect your trees and let you know if they are showing signs that indicate it is time to remove them. Call us today!