You might have been able to cut down a dying or diseased tree yourself and found some way to dispose of it. Or you might have hired a tree service company to remove the tree for you. However all too many people will leave the tree stump due to the extra cost or the inability to remove the stump themselves. Milam’s Tree Services will share a few reasons as to why you should always remove the stump if a tree has been removed.
Leaving a Tree Stump in the Ground; Is Removal Necessary?
1. Aesthetics; Tree Stumps Can Be Unsightly – Tree stumps, in a nut shell, just aren’t pretty. Especially if the stump is located in the front yard your home loses curb side appeal. In general they can be a major eye soar to your landscaping. To improve the esthetics of your landscaping you will want to remove those stumps.
2. Tree Stump Are Trip Hazards – Time has proven that stumps can become a major yard hazard. So many have tripped and fallen over tree stumps and got hurt, some of them seriously. Especially if you have a house guest fall and hurt themselves. There are countless lawsuits of those who have gotten hurt on someone else’s property. Additionally, they can quickly become a major pain to maneuver around making it difficult to maintain landscaping and such.
3. Tree Re-growth – In most cases when a live tree is cut from the ground and the stump remains, you will eventually begin to get new tree growth. Depending on the circumstances as to why the tree was removed, your problem is now re-growing. If the tree was running into your home causing structural damages, or it may have had a bug or disease problem, you technically still have the same problem.
4. Intrusive Tree Stumps – When you want to plant or grow other plants, sometimes the stumps are intrusive. This is especially true when you’re trying to replant another tree in its place and you lost the first tree to pests or disease. If you want to replant a tree near or in the same area for shade, you will need to remove the previous stump so as to avoid previous problems.
5. Insects Are Attracted to Tree Stumps – Decaying tree stumps can attract a wide range of pests that can destroy other trees and plants, and even your home. Subterranean termites often move into tree stumps because they make the perfect host for a termite’s nest and food. These pests can and often will venture into your home causing more serious damages. Other pests such as beetle, wood boring insects and ants are other pests that are attracted to tree stumps. Most of these pests will also invade other neighboring plants and trees. Additionally, even if the stumps don’t attract landscaping damaging pests, they will harbor other unwanted pests such as spiders. Stumps are a perfect place for many insects to thrive.
Tree Trimming, Removal & Storm Damage Cleanup in McDonough, Jackson, Jonesboro, Fayetteville & Hampton GA | Fayette, Clayton & Henry Counties in Central Georgia
In order to remove tree stumps, there are several ways you can go about it. However most DIY will involve digging them out. You can, of course, seek the aid of a professional tree service that provides stump removal and grinding services. Milam’s Tree Services can help you remove trees and their stumps along with tree trimming services. Contact Milam’s Tree Services for all of your tree trimming and removal needs.