When a tree is in need of removal, you may find that you are left with an unsightly stump that has no real benefit or value in your landscaping. Not only do tree stumps look horrible, but these stumps can prove to be a safety hazard as well. When it comes to removing the stump in Georgia, Milam’s Tree Service are the leading professionals who can make sure it is done safely and efficiently. To rid your landscaping of the stump, we can perform a removal or a grinding service. Today, we at Milam’s Tree Service would like to elaborate briefly on the benefits of stump removal.
Tree Stump Removal VS Grinding
Before we dive into the benefits, we would like to take an opportunity to relate the distinction between our stump removal and stump grinding services. Avoiding digging holes in your landscape, our stump grinding process simply chips and mulches the stump away. The remains are buried with soil and/or fertilizer. In the event an old, sick, or dead tree has fallen, Milam’s Tree Service stump removal service is the better solution because the weaken root system can be easily wrenched out along with the tree or remaining stump. If the tree stump is stricken with disease or insects, the entire stump is removed, reducing the risk of other trees getting infected. Our experts utilize heavy-duty equipment that makes quick work of removing the stump and if it is contaminated, we have the resources for proper disposal.
Benefits of Tree Stump Removal
The top benefits have having the stump removed includes, but is not limited to, the following:
1) Tree Stump Removal Safety. When left in your yard, tree stumps can prove to be a hazard. Especially so for any children running around and landscapers providing services, the stumps create a potential obstacle to be tripped over, resulting in injuries.
2) Environmentally Friendly. An attraction for a number of insects, the rotting stump can bring an infestation to your landscape that affects other trees and plant life as well as increasing the risk of your home becoming infested with pests. Additionally, if the stump is the result of a diseased tree, the stump can still potentially harbor the disease, which will spread to other vegetation. As long as the stump is not riddled with disease or pests, the stump can be chopped and recycled into useful mulch for your landscaping.
3) Quick Removal of Tree Stump. To prevent damage to surrounding trees and plants, professional tree services utilize large machines that will remove the stump, whether if it is winched out or grinded down, with speed and accuracy.
4) Removing Stump Improves the Overall Health of Your Landscape. During the grinding process, the blade on the stump grinding machine creates mulch, allowing for your vegetation to improve the nutrients it can absorb.
5) Prevents Unwanted New Tree Growth. Through its roots, the tree stump can sprout new trees, which can be problematic, especially of the originally was cut down because it was invading the sewage or septic system or encroaching too close to structures.