When there is a tree stump in your yard, you might be at odds as to what to do with it. Where some may not be bothered by the unsightly stump, others may be completely annoyed by its presence. There are alternatives to letting the stump just sit there taunting you with it uselessly taking up space, attracting unwanted pests and posing a tripping hazard. Today, we at Milam’s Tree Service would like to offer some suggestions as to why you should have it professionally removed.
Is Tree Stump Removal Necessary?
1) Tree stumps are a challenge to work around. If the stump is in the middle of your lawn, it can be difficult to maneuver the lawn mower, or even the weed whacker around. The weeds or grass will continue to grow unevenly around the stump, becoming a nuisance and an annoying obstacle that becomes cumbersome to work around.
2) Pests are attracted to tree stumps. A decaying stump in your landscaping is an open invitation to a variety of pests that are drawn to rotting wood. Insects such as termites, carpenter ants, carpenter bees, beetles, and other such insects will be attracted to the area. In such close proximity, it will only be a matter of time before these pests wonder closer to your home.
3) Stumps take up valuable space. The stump and the decaying roots below the soil are taking up space, which can be especially thin if you have a smaller yard. Instead of the dead tree stump you could be indulging in a flower bed, small garden, picnic table, tire swing, or many other useful or practical options.
4) Tree Stumps are eyesores. Tree stumps are not aesthetically pleasing. If they are in the front yard, the curb appeal is significantly reduced with this unappealing feature. Removing the stump is well worth the investment to increase the curb appeal or at the very least improve the overall aesthetics of your home.
5) Tree stumps are a a tripping hazard & safety risk. Stumps are especially hazardous to many people. Kids can easily trip over them while they are focused on games. If neighbors or guests should trip and injure themselves on the stump, the liability is on you. The tree stump could cause damage to your lawn mower while you are mowing the lawn and many other hazards that could cause damage or injury.
6) Stumps can hinder plant growth or even sprout new tree growth. In a few instances, leaving the stump can promote new sprouts, resulting in many small trees growing around the stump. The uncalculated growth of trees can cause problems in the root system or even encroach on your home. It may even require specific chemicals to completely kill them off. In the mean time these new trees are stealing the nutrients of your other plant life, hindering their growth.
Tree Stump Removal, Grinding & More in McDonough, Jackson, Jonesboro, Fayetteville, Hampton, Sunny Side GA | Fayette, Clayton & Henry Counties, Georgia
When you have a tree stump lingering in your landscaping, call Milam’s Tree Service. Our experts will ensure it is safely, properly, and efficiently removed from the grounds so you can have the space back to do what you wish to enhance your property. Call Milam’s Tree Service for all your tree trimming and removal needs.