Pruning trees in your Georgia orchid, landscape or yards is a necessity. Some trees are in need of pruning in spring and some in the fall. Pruning trees is an important maintenance task to enhance the aesthetics and health of your trees. With trees providing, fruit, elegant blossoms and radiant leaves, they also contribute to shady picnics, tire swings and good old fashion tree climbing fun. Taking care of your trees is a needed in order to take advantage of the benefits your trees have to offer.
Milam’s Tree Service List Some of the Benefits of Pruning Your Trees.
There are generally four pruning levels.
• Fine Pruning. Fine pruning is designed to remove the smaller limbs and enhance the trees aesthetics.
• Standard Pruning. Standard pruning goes beyond the smaller limbs and is a bit more extensive in order to improve the tree’s branch structure.
• Hazard Pruning. Hazard pruning is for trees with safety concerns. Branches that measure 2” in diameter or more that could cause injury or damage.
• Crown Reduction. Crown reduction trimming is down for trees that have been abused by weather conditions or illness and need major branches removed. Branches threatening power lines and structures are also in need of major crown reduction.
Advantages of Pruning Trees
1. Tree Health. Proper pruning contributes to healthier trees. Eliminating the dying limbs or branches inflicted with disease or pest infestation can save the overall health of your tree.
2. Tree Safety. When branches are compromised, they can pose a danger to people and property. Decaying limbs can break off under the right conditions, and do so without warning. People under the branches could sustain serious injuries. Deteriorating branches could also fall upon homes, buildings, vehicles and other property, creating costly damages.
3. Tree Aesthetics. With effective pruning and trimming, your trees beauty can be enhanced to be more aesthetically pleasing and balanced.
4. Fruit Tree Production. Fruit trees should be pruned in the fall, but when properly maintained they can produce size, quantity and better quality fruit.
5. Increased Sun Exposure. Pruning trees correctly can help the air circulation and sun exposure throughout the trees and underlying landscape for better health benefits.
6. Tree Balance. Younglings need to be trimmed adequately to counterbalance the root system, to ensure your tree grows strong, straight and to help mold shape.
7. Improved Views Through Trees. With pruning your trees sufficiently, you can also open the view to your home as well as from your home.
DIY VS Professional Tree Pruning
Pruning your trees on your own can be a dangerous undertaking and if done improperly could create damage on your trees. There are many safety factors to consider when doing the job on your own. Your safety, safety of others, and protecting property are priority when tree pruning or trimming. It is highly recommended that you invest in a professional.
Tree Pruning Services in McDonough, Jackson, Jonesboro, Fayetteville & Hampton as well as Fayette, Clayton & Henry Counties in Central Georgia
Our professionals at Milam’s Tree Service have been trained in both safety and knowing all trees common to Georgia, as well as unique to the area. We are affordable and efficient at pruning your trees. Call us today to schedule your appointment!